If your eSign process requires a “witness” signature, you can utilize the feature to have the main signer specify the witness signer to review and sign the eSign doc. Please see steps below for how to use this feature:
- First make sure you add the available fields on eSign doc page layout for witness (second signer): Witness Required and all Signer 2 fields (Signer 2 Name, Signer 2 Title, Signer 2 Company, Signer 2 Email, Signer 2 Signed for date/time field, Signer 2 IP Address, Signer 2 Email Template, Signer 2 Link, Signer 2 Signature Image URL, and signer 2 status). The witness signer information will show under signer 2 details in the signed PDF and eSign doc.
- When you create a new eSign doc, you will see a field called “witness required” which you will want to update to “yes” in that field after eSign doc is created. Additionally, you can setup a workflow/process builder to set this field to “yes” picklist value each time an eSign doc is created if there will be a witness needed each time an eSign doc is sent.
- After checking the witness required checkbox, you will see a field populate for email template to select from search text box that you will send to the witness/signer 2. We have included example email template “send for eSignature to signer 2” if you would like to use that example template to send to the witness. You can also specify the email template ID within the related document action if using A5 Signature for full automation with A5 Documents app. And ensure you add all related fields for witness/second signer to document action page layout.
- See example screenshot 1 below to show you the “witness required” field on eSign doc and example email template populated that is included with A5 Signature installed package:
- When the eSign link is sent to the signer 1 recipient and they open to sign the document, signer 1 will specify who the witness signer is and provide their full name and email address.
See example screenshot 2 below showing how signer 1 recipient will specify the witness signer:
- After recipient 1 signs the document, the Salesforce user who originally sent the eSign doc to signer 1 will receive an internal notification which will include link to eSign doc to let them know signer 1 has signed the document.
- Then the specified witness will also receive an email with link to eSign doc to sign the document.
- Once the document is signed by signer 1 and the witness (and countersigner if applicable), the signed PDF will be emailed to all signers and attached to related eSign doc record within your Salesforce org.
- NOTE ON SECOND SIGNER FEATURE: Process works similar to witness though rather than eSign doc field for witness, you will see field “second signer required” which will need to be set to “yes” after eSign doc is created (can setup a workflow/process builder to set this field to “yes” picklist value each time an eSign doc is created) if there will be a second signer each time an eSign doc is sent. See more details of this feature in this article and kindly note this feature cannot be used with witness feature on the same eSign doc.