- You may need to update related records based on changes made on eSign Doc records (Signature Status, Counter Sign Date etc). For example: a contract gets sent out for signature from Opportunity and when it’s signed, Opportunity Stage needs to change to Closed Won.
- You can update related records based on different logic and criteria by building a process in Salesforce Process Builder. Find out more about using Process Builder here. You can configure your process to complete a simple action, or complete multiple actions at once, including time based updates, field update, flow execution and more. It’s a very powerful and user-friendly tool that allows you to create and configure most of the processes without writing any code.
- You may also use Apex to configure any logic or process if it’s beyond Process Builder capabilities.
- There’s also a feature included in the app that allows you to update basic Signature information on related record without using Process Builder or Apex. This feature allows you pass Signature Status, Recipient Signed Date, and Counter Signed Date values to related records:
- In order to use the feature you first need to create fields to be updated on your related object (whichever objects you created Lookup fields to on eSign Doc object).
- The fields to create have to be the following (make sure the following names are set as your fields API names):
Signature_Status__c (field type: text)
Recipient_Signed__c (field type: Date/Time)
Counter_Signed_Date__c (field type: Date/Time)
- While sending the document for signature in a New eSign Doc configuration screen you have an option to check the box Update Related Records under Related Record section. Check that box if you want to update those Signature fields that you just created on the related record automatically. You can then use that information to setup workflows. NOTE: Lookup fields are displayed in the Related records section automatically. If you want to hide them, add API names of the ones you want to hide in Lookup Update Exceptions custom setting.